Zoo animal reports for kindergarten and first grade students are always such a hit! Grab this easy informational writing unit for students to enhance their nonfiction reading and writing skills as they learn all about zoo animals such as the lion, bear, giraffe, zebra, tiger, and elephant.
These nonfiction writing units all about animals are simple enough for students to work independently on as they read the simple passages, collect facts, and complete their animal reports.
What’s included in the Animal Reports bundle:
• A b/w cover students can decorate their animal of choice
• Simple passages with an animal photograph
• Fact collecting printable for students to draw or jot down facts they learned from the passage
• Animal report worksheets (with and without sentence stems) students can practice writing their facts in complete sentences.
• Blank booklets with primary lines and space to draw for animal report
• Booklets with headings, primary lines, and space to draw for animal report
• Map of the world students can color in to show where the animal’s habitat is
Check out my animal report blog post to see how I use these animal research projects in my classroom!