This nonfiction writing unit all about groundhogs is simple enough for students to work independently on as they read a simple passage, collect facts, and complete their reindeer animal reports.
What’s included in the Groundhog Animal Report:
• A b/w cover students can decorate their groundhog
• A simple passage with a photograph of the animal
• Fact collecting printable for students to draw or jot down facts they learned from the groundhog passage
• Animal report worksheets (with and without sentence stems) students can practice writing their facts in complete sentences.
• Blank booklets with primary lines and space to draw for the groundhog animal report
• Booklets with headings, primary lines, and space to draw for groundhog research
• Map of the world students can color in to show where the groundhog habitat is