These May writing prompts for kindergarten students are perfect for building beginning writing skills in your literacy center! Grab these no prep, print and go writing center templates for students to enhance their writing skills this May and June!
These end of year writing mats are ideal for beginning writers and easy enough for Kindergarten students to work independently on during your writing block or as early finishers as they learn in your next summer themes.
What’s included in the Kindergarten Writing Prompts bundle:
• Vertical and horizontal templates
• Large primary writing lines, perfect for Kindergarten students
• Pages with blank primary lines for printing front to back
• Themed word bank for each worksheet
• Writing conventions checklist (use punctuation, start with a capital letter, use spacing between words)
• All 10 templates come with and without sentence starters so you can easily differentiate your teaching
• Illustration box so students can illustrate their work
• In Summer I like to
• At the beach I can
• On vacation I will
• This year I learned
• I love my mom because
• I love my dad because
• At the carnival
• The park has
• In my backyard
• My favorite food
Check out my Kindergarten writing prompts blog post to see how I use these writing prompts and journals in my classroom!